I like planning things. I’m also passionate about natural beauty, and with my wedding a little over 8 months away, I’m rather giddy as I plan me bridal beauty timeline! (Insert squealing here.)
While many bridal beauty timelines include when one should schedule botox, I wanted a plan with a little more DIY flavor that featured natural, vegan, and cruelty-free products. A plan that was more me—and more Peaceful Dumpling.
Feed your beauty. Enjoy a diet of whole, nourishing foods. Rather than trying to restrict yourself, try crowding out the bad (or the less good) with the really good. But don’t forget to save a little room for a treat every now and then! For more information on beauty foods and how to incorporate them daily, check out Jolene Hart’s Eat Pretty: Nutrition for Beauty, Inside and Out. You may also want to consider taking a whole foods multi-vitamin for nutritional insurance.
Commit to your skin. Now is the time to improve your beauty routine. Select the best natural products (with ingredients you can pronounce) that you can afford, and use them as directed. Incorporate DIY concoctions where possible. I’m currently in love with this tamanu oil skin serum.
Don’t forget to:
- Pamper: Give skin a extra love at least once a week with a mask targeted to your skincare concerns. I’ve been using this maca cacao clay mask every Friday. Having a certain day when you always do your pampering ritual helps ensure that you remember to do it!
- Protect: Use sunscreen every day. You know this already!
- Stimulate: Exfoliate your entire body 2-3 times a week. I’ve been combining simple rice powder with hair conditioner to make an excellent scrub. To use: while you’re in the shower, mix about ½ tsp. with ½ tsp conditioner. Massage onto arms or back then repeat the process for each section of your body. Rinse well when done.
Baby your locks. As with your skin, now is the time to be conscious of what you put on and do to your hair. Use heat tools in moderation, don’t skip conditioner, and give yourself a weekly hair mask. For more details on maintaining your main, see our best hair tips.
Get moving. Find a fitness routine that you love, and commit to a schedule. I love starting my mornings with yoga. I normally do about fifteen minutes before I have to start getting ready for work. While it’s not a lot of time on the mat, it provides a nice foundation for the rest of the day, during which I may take a long walk, go for a run, or take a dip in the pool.
Plan your look. Consult our guide for planning your wedding hair and makeup then test out your look! (Don’t forget to include your accessories!)
Get serious with your fitness routine. By this point, you’ve been following an exercise routine that you enjoy. Now is the time to make sure you keep it up and integrate targeted moves to make you extra stunning in your dress. For example, if you’re going strapless, you could spend a little extra time toning your upper back.
Check in with your skincare routine. Are you experiences any problem skin? Make any necessary adjustments to your skin care routine. For example, if you find yourself with inflamed skin, ease up exfoliation and integrate calming ingredients like aloe and argan oil.
Get a trim and be extra gentle with your hair. Say goodbye to split ends, and be remain vigilant about maintaining healthy locks.
Get your brows in line. Here’s how.
Give yourself a facial. If you have a trusted esthetician, be all means pay her a visit. But if you’ve been burned (literally) by a salon facial, you may feel more comfortable doing one at home. Here’s how to do a Peaceful Dumpling facial:
- Gently cleanse skin.
- Turn on relaxing music and enjoy a tea steam treatment for 15 minutes.
- Apply your mask of choice and kick back with a magazine for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse away mask with warm water and soft cloth.
- Apply skin toner and serum of choice.
- Treat yourself to a lymphatic facial massage. You may apply an oil-based skin serum to avoid tugging at the skin.
- Moisturize skin and bask in your glow!
Enjoy your last pre-wedding face mask.
Get thee to the nail salon. Or, go pro-at-home, and give yourself the best mani of your life!
Get beauty sleep! If you’re having trouble relaxing, sip on of our favorite beauty teas!
Any other brides-to-be’s or recent brides who have beauty routines to share?
Related: Planning Your Bridal Makeup Look
Photos: Mary Hood & Peaceful Dumpling