The holiday season is upon us and that means it is time to incorporate the magic of the holidays into our everyday lives! What better way to get into the holiday spirit than to add a little shimmer and glitz into your beauty routine?! Follow these simple steps to achieve a dazzling, metallic eye shadow look that is sure to make you shine throughout this holiday season!
All of the products used in this tutorial can be purchased at Target, Sephora, Ulta, and Etsy!
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin: Conceal Full Coverage Foundation (My specific shade is Y1).
- Etherealle Mineral Contouring Powder in HOLLOW.
- Etherealle Mineral Highlighting Powder in STARK.
- Etherealle Mineral Blush in ROMANCE.
- Pacifica Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten: I used CORAL SAND (the copper shade in this palette) as my eyelid base color.
- Pacifica Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten: I used SKINNY DIP (the lightest tone in the palette) as my highlight color for both my eyes and above my upper lip.
- Pacifica Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten: I used URCHIN (the iridescent jeweled purple shade in the palette) as my first crease color, to shade the edges of my lower lashline, and as my final eyeliner shade.
- Pacifica Iridescent Palette in Gossamer Wings: I used TREASURE (the iridescent bronze shade in this palette) as my second crease color.
- Pacific Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten: I used GOLDEN (the yellow-gold shade in this palette) to brighten and define the inner corners of my eyes and the inner edge of my lower lashline.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Colour Pencils in TARRED (Black) and SYBIL (Dark Brown)— I used TARRED to exaggerate and define my eyeliner, and SYBIL was used to darken and define my eyebrows.
- Pacifica Smolder Eye Lining Gel in TAHITIAN PEARL (Black)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Etherealle Mineral Lipstick in EMPRESS (a sheer, purple-red tint)
- 3 angled eyeliner brushes (You will need two for eyeliner and one for your eyebrows! You may also just clean your brush in-between color applications!)
- Your favorite eye shadow brush (I prefer a fluffy, non-rounded or a flat brush to apply my eyelid and highlight colors. A fluffier eye shadow brush is especially helpful for blending with your highlight color!)
- A rounded crease defining brush (The rounded ones allow the color to sort of blend itself as you apply, rather than only using an angled brush and having to eventually buff away the rough edges).
- A kabuki blush brush (larger, round blush brushes with a little stiffness to them help create a more defined cheek and can help keep messy mineral make-up in check!)
- A fluffy angled brush/bronzer brush (The angled edge will hug your cheekbones, thus adding awesome definition to your face!)
- A fluffy powder foundation brush (I use this type of blush to apply my highlight. Since they are larger, you can more easily blend the highlight into your blush and bronzer without worrying about any of your contouring getting too blocky.
- A foundation brush (I use a flat, often referred to as a “filbert,” foundation brush to apply my cream foundation. Use a medium-sized brush to make your application quick, yet precise).
- A small concealer brush or lip brush (I prefer using a tiny, flat “filbert” concealer brush to apply lipstick. It takes less time than a tiny lip brush, while still allowing for excellent and precise coverage!)
*ECO Tools, Too Faced, and E.L.F’s studio line all make a lot of great cruelty-free and vegan make-up brushes! ECO Tools and E.L.F products can be purchased online and at most drugstores. Too Faced products can be purchased online and at Sephora and Ulta.
1. Apply your foundation to your entire face, blending it onto your jawbone and slightly down onto your neck—You may use your hands, a foundation brush or whatever your favorite foundation application tool is.
2. If you are not using a full coverage foundation, such as the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin: Conceal Full Coverage Foundation, apply concealer as needed before you apply your foundation. Apply concealer to any areas your foundation did not cover.
1. Apply CORAL SAND from Pacifica’s Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten to your eyelid. This will be your base color.
2. Apply SKINNY DIP from Pacifica’s Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten underneath the eyebrow and blend into CORAL SAND.
3. Apply URCHIN from Pacifica’s Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten from the outer edge of your crease to the middle of your crease and blend it down into CORAL SAND and upwards into SKINNY DIP. Also apply URCHIN onto the outer corners of your eyelid, blending inwards into CORAL SAND, and outwards into a soft “v” shape. Blend away any harsh edges with SKINNY DIP.
4. Next, apply TREASURE from Pacifica’s Iridescent Palette in Gossamer Wings from the middle of your crease to the inner corner of your eye and blend it down into CORAL SAND and upwards into SKINNY DIP. Also apply TREASURE onto your eyelids, where URCHIN meets CORAL SAND. Be sure to blend well so that you the shades melt into each other, rather than appear distinctly separated.
5. To intensify and further define your crease shading, re-apply URCHIN into the outer edge of your crease with an angled eyeliner brush. Blend away any harsh lines with SKINNY DIP and re-apply TREASURE if URCHIN becomes too dark. Soft edges give this look its romantic feel, so remember to blend!
6. Using that same angled eyeliner brush, gently apply URCHIN into your lower lashline, connecting it to the outer edge of your eye shadow. Only apply it to roughly the center of your lower lashline so that your make-up does not become too dark.
7. Next, using a different angled eyeliner brush, apply GOLDEN from Pacifica’s Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Enlighten to your lower lashline and inner corner of your eye. Apply it beginning from where you left off with URCHIN to your inner corner and slightly up towards your crease. Blend GOLDEN into URCHIN so that they flow together seamlessly. Adding this pop of gold to your inner corners will really brighten up tired eyes!
8. Next, apply the Pacifica Smolder Eye Lining Gel in TAHITIAN PEARL to your upper lashline only with an angled eyeliner brush. Apply the liner to the edge of the eyelid.
9. To create a cat-eye, draw the bottom line of the “wing” with the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Pencil in TARRED, curving upwards at the end of it. Then, draw the top line of the “wing,” connecting the original line of eyeliner across your upper lashline to the bottom line of the “wing.” Fill in the “wing” shape and darken the entire eyeliner line with TARRED. Voila! The perfect cat eye!
10. After you create your cat eye, apply URCHIN with an angled eyeliner brush over TAHITIAN PEARL and TARRED. To apply URCHIN without smearing the other colors, lightly tap the brush across your eyeliner, rather than dragging it across the already present line. The deep purple blended with the black creates a stunning, eye brightening look that will really pop your eye color (especially for those of us with green eyes!).
11. Curl your lashes and apply the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara to your upper lashes and gently across your lower lashes. Let the first coat dry and apply 1-2 more coats, depending on how thick you would like your lashes.
12. If you have sparse, light eyebrows like I do, you can apply OCC’s SYBIL to darken and define your brows. First, apply SYBIL to a palette or the back of your hand and then apply to your brows with an eyeliner brush—this way you are not just drawing them on. This will give your brows a more natural, less cartoon-like effect. Apply the eyebrow color beginning in the middle of your eyebrow to the end of your brow and then use the remaining color to darken the front of your eyebrows.
Contouring & Blush:
1. Apply the Etherealle bronzer color (HOLLOW) to the cheekbones, temples, and your jawbone–blending downwards onto your neck and into your hairline. I use a fluffy angled brush to apply bronzer and contour my face.
2. Apply the Etherealle highlight color (STARK) to the cheeks, chin, forehead, nose, and underneath your eyes. Blend the highlight color into the bronzer. I suggest using a fluffy powder foundation brush to achieve this part of the look.
3. Next, smile and apply the Etherealle blush color (ROMANCE) to your cheeks, blending it out towards your hairline. I prefer using a kabuki blush brush to apply blush.
4. Blend the blush and bronzer with the highlight color (STARK) using the same fluffy powder foundation brush as before.
1. Apply the Etherealle Lipstick in EMPRESS to your lips. I prefer to use a small “filbert” concealer brush to apply my lipstick. Since this particular look is all about the eyes, I chose to keep the lip more subdued. A tinted lip balm (such as Pacifica’s Color Quench Lip Tints or Pacifica’s Creamy Lip Butters) would work well for this look, too! The lips should remain somewhat natural in order to draw all the focus to your shimmering eyes!
2. To further define and highlight your lips, apply Pacifica’s SKINNY DIP above your upper lip and onto the center of your lips. Highlighting these specific areas adds the illusion of fullness to your lips!
Time to shine!