This is where my popcorn gets fancy. Popcorn is my go-to for guilt-free mindless eating. I experiment with all kinds of flavors to satisfy a myriad of cravings. Most recently, I have been playing with soya power–powdered soy milk. It is unrefined, and unhydroginated. Though soy should not be consumed at high levels, it does provide plenty of protein and lots of fiber. I also add spirulina for some extra wholesome goodness that includes more protein, amino acids, and omega 3. The nutritional yeast provides a complete protein, Vitamin Bs, and tastes delicious. From here, I add spices to create the flavors. This one includes curry powder.
Enjoy this recipe, especially if your popcorn is a coping mechanism. He he.
Cheesy Vegan High Protein Popcorn
- 2.5 Cups popped popcorn, plain
- 1 Tablespoon soya powder
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1/2 teaspoon your favorite curry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion power
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
*If you want to pop your own kernels over the stove, see the instructions here. You could also just use instant popcorn–your choice.
1. Pour popcorn in to a large bowl. Prepare all of the seasonings, soya, yeast, and spirulaina in a sperate bowl or shaker.
2. Toss the olive oil evenly over the popcorn, then sprinkle the seasoning over the popcorn. Toss all the way through–that’s it! Enjoy!
Get more like this–Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Jessica Riley-Norton