I typically don’t use vegan mayo in my dishes–I eat it about once every few months. But you really can’t have BLT without mayo, and it totally works here–don’t skip it. 😉
GF Vegan Tempeh BLT Wrap
- 4 large leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 package tempeh, sliced thinly (1/8)
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- to taste fresh black pepper
- 1/2 tomato, sliced into 2
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
1. Whisk together soy sauce, syrup, cumin, onion powder, and pepper into a medium bowl. Add tempeh slices and marinade for a few minutes while you prep the other veggies.
2. Wash the lettuce leaves and dab dry with a paper towel. Cut the rigid bottom part into an inverted V shape to make folding easier.
3. Heat a little olive oil over a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add tempeh slices and sear each side for 3-4 minutes on each side until slightly blackened at the edges.
4. To assemble, lay 2 lettuce leaves so that the bottom parts overlap about 2.5″ inches in the center. Add a few slices of tempeh bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and vegan mayo. Tuck in the ends, then fold lengthwise toward the center to create a wrap. I cut this into 3 pieces. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.