Anyway, this gluten free vegan wrap will bring you a taste of the Mediterranean with crispy, seasoned oven roasted chickpeas, artichokes, onions and red peppers. Roasted artichoke hearts and chickpeas, by the way, is one of my favorite things ever–try not to eat all the filling before you wrap it! 🙂 (Or not–I don’t judge). Add cooked quinoa you have lying around, some olives and a drizzle of tahini sauce. Wrap everything nicely in a lightly steamed collard green leaf for a lunch that fills you up, comforts and nourishes. Yum!
Gluten Free Vegan Mediterranean Wrap
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- dash rosemary
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 5-6 artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 7-8 mixed olives (kalamata, green), chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large collard leaves
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- (To taste) salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
1. Heat oven to 400* F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Rinse, drain, and pat dry the chickpeas with a paper towel. In a large bowl, toss together the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, onions, and bell peppers with rosemary, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, and olive oil. Salt and pepper generously to taste.
3. Lay the mixture as a single layer over the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turn over and bake for additional 8-10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, bring a bit of water to boil in a steamer. Trim the stalk from the collard leaves. Steam them for a few minutes, then pat dry and set aside.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper.
6. To assemble, lay the collard leaf on a large plate. Place 1/2 cup cooked quinoa in the center, followed by chickpeas/bell pepper/artichoke hearts mix. Add in some chopped olives, drizzle with tahini sauce. Fold the short end down, then fold one side lengthwise. Fold in the other short side, and roll like a log toward the plate.
Love this article? Keep up-to-date on the latest from Peaceful Dumpling: Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Photo: Peaceful Dumpling