It’s official–I’m in love with making desserts with beans. These strawberry blondies are inspired by my gluten free black bean brownies, but with white cannellini beans, cashew butter, and banana instead. They’re so pretty and delicious, with chunks of strawberries peeking out.
Gluten Free Vegan Strawberry Blondies
1 9 x 9 pan of blondies (9 pieces)
1 1/3 can cannellini beans, washed thoroughly and drained well (kidney beans also work really well–adds to pink color)
1 small banana (or 1/2 medium banana)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp chia mixed with 6 tbsp water
1/2 cup cashew butter
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
6-7 medium strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds and water together and let soak for a few minutes.
3. In the mean time, process the beans, banana, cashew butter, vanilla, sugar, and salt in a blender or food processor. Add the chia seeds and process again.
4. Add the strawberry slices and pulse a few times to leave some pea-sized chunks. Finally, add baking powder and process until just mixed, about 10-15 seconds.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and immediately put in the oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes, using a toothpick to check. Bring down to room temperature on the counter top or put in the fridge to cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Photo: Peaceful Dumpling