Wine has become a hulking, monstrous – yet somehow selective- industry in seemingly a few short years. Although organic wine (not labeled as “organic” of course) has been around since ancient days, it has recently attracted a cult following that is well-deserved. Wine bars are back in style and wine tastings are a fun, relaxing way to unwind in beautiful weather with friends. Vino is a romantic way to top off your Valentine’s celebration and enhance a fun night out with friends as well- but lurking behind some mass-produced wine brands are nasty additives, allergic-reaction inducing preservatives and other icky stuff we’d rather not think about while enjoying dinner with our loves. Some wines are even “laced” with nasties like egg-whites, sulphites, remnants of tree nuts, wheat and even shellfish. Although in most studies conducted, these have been found only in trace amounts, I know most people would like to consume their fermented grapes stripped clean of anything and all things allergy-causing. Here is a Freedom Friday approved list of vegan wines perfect for Valentine’s Day ! Love to you all!
1. Frey Natural Red Organic Table Wine – Described as smooth and medium-bodied this wine is great for a casual Valentine’s Day dinner with friends.
2. Harris Organic Wines 2008 Shiraz– Award winning and full of berry flavor this wine is perfect for pairing with a chocolate-y dessert.
3. Four Chimneys 2009 Kingdom White– Drink this super dry and fruity white with something salty like a tofu steak!
4. Our Daily Red 2011 Sulfite Free Wine– Perfect red table wine from a really neat company!
5. An awesome mix from EcoVine Wine Club– Want to really impress your date? Order them a shipment of organic and sulfite-free vegan wines from this super cool company who believes in sustainability and that we do not need to consume or use animal products to enjoy ourselves!
Also from Freedom Friday: Delicious Coffee Drinks for Winter Mornings