I only learned about Moscow Mule this weekend when we threw a picnic at Central Park, and afterwards a friend of ours started making it right in our kitchen. I’ve mentioned before that Dark and Stormy (dark rum, ginger beer) is my summer drink, and this is just as delicious, except maybe a more refreshing due to using vodka rather than rum. And it’s as sultry as a mojito, except a little less played out and easier to make! And a little too easy to drink–flavors are so balanced that you don’t really taste the vodka…things can get a little festive. (Let’s just say it was a great party.) 😉 This is the perfect summer drink to cool your afternoons and nights.
Summer Cocktail Recipes: Moscow Mule
- 2 oz vodka (I like Tito’s)
- 1/2 lime
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 4-6 oz ginger beer (honestly, I used ginger ale and it tasted just as good)
1. Wash the lime carefully before cutting in half. In a Collins glass or a Moscow Mule mug, squeeze the 1/2 lime all the way. Put the juiced lime rind in the glass.
2. Add the ice cubes, vodka, and then top with ginger beer (or ginger ale).
3. Stir with a stirring stick. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Photo: Peaceful Dumpling