I like my veggie burgers more than anyone else’s–it might just be the best vegan burger recipe ever! Try it and see if you agree 🙂
Truly, the Best Veggie Burger
By Jessica Riley-Norton
Yield: 4 Servings
safflower oil: 1 cup
quinoa: 1 cup
broccoli: 1 cup
spinach: 1 cup
mushrooms: 1 cup
salt: 1 tbsp
garlic powder: 1 tbsp
cumin: 1 tbsp
coriander: 1 tsp
black pepper: to taste
gluten-free flour (coconut flour doesn’t work that well here): 1 cup
1. Bring 2 cups water to boil; add quinoa, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Turn off heat and fluff with a fork. Cover and set aside.
2. Throw the veggies in a high-speed blender until all is finely chopped. Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan. Heat the spices in the oil for a minute, and then add the veggies. Saute until soft. Remove from heat.
3. Add the quinoa and flour to the veggies. Mix until a dough is formed.
4. Prepare a frying pan with the remaining oil. Heat oil to a medium heat.
5. Form patties from the dough, and sear each side until golden brown.
6. Place the burgers on your favorite bun, and top with your favorite veggies. I especially love to mix my favorite vegan mayo with chopped basil, and smother it all over by burger… then dip potatoes in it.
Also by Jessica Riley-Norton: 10 Easy Ways to Be More Eco Friendly
Photo: Jessica Riley-Norton