The Athleisure trend has become so popular that those who don’t even work out are choosing to buy and wear fitness inspired products. Athleisure started out as a fashion trend for clothing and has expanded to include all kinds of beauty essentials that the modern day on-the-go girl can use. As a Pilates and dance instructor, I spend my days going from studio to studio, slipping in social time with friends and family when I can. With this kind of schedule, I want to be able to look and feel good without sacrificing my time or comfort. Whatever I’m wearing also needs to be durable, withstanding the wear and tear of my active lifestyle. The boom in athleisure products has not only saved people in the fitness industry from looking like a gym rat in public, it has also encouraged people to work out more. How convenient is it to go from a barre class to a lunch date with a friend without having to change your look? Since athleisure is my entire life, I’ve compiled a list of my top five cruelty-free essentials to go from studio to street looking chic!
1. Alo Yoga High Waist Moto Leggings– These leggings fit like a glove as they shape the legs and lift the booty. The stylish high waisted design is perfect for those days you feel extra bloated! Made from high-performance nylon spandex, they stay put while exercising and running around town. Pair them with a chunky sweater while traveling or some cute booties to go out with friends. I even have a pair in one size up for cold weather so I can layer them with fleece stockings underneath.
2. AELLA Slim Pintuck Pants– AELLA is a super chic female-owned business–and their clothes are very comfy. These pants have an elastic band, but you would never know given how polished they look. This pair is perfect for transitioning from light activity to an office environment. Can even be machine washed!
3. ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo Ballet Body Suit– This elegant ballet body suit will be your go-to for ballet and barre classes. It’s also a great piece for layering under skinny jeans and a pretty cardigan. Très chic!
4. Dazzle Dry Nail Polish– I recently discovered this vegan line of nail polish at a beauty event in Los Angeles, and it’s everything you could ever want from a polish. You apply it like a normal polish, but it acts like a gel. It dries within a few minutes of applying and lasts for weeks. The best part is that you can remove it with regular polish remover so you don’t get the damage from scraping off gels. Dazzle Dry is also nourishing to the nail which helps promote nail growth. Discovering Dazzle Dry has allowed me to stay active while having the luxury of great looking nails every day!
5. Tarte’s Lifted Sweatproof Mascara– Tarte is an eco- friendly beauty line, offering cruelty-free products made from naturally-derived ingredients. Their Athleisure line is my go-to everyday beauty routine. The lifted sweat-proof mascara is the one product, if nothing else, that I will use to make me look awake and put together for each work day. There are no raccoon eyes after a long sweaty day with this mascara.
6. Charli Cohen Vegan Leather Tote– This cruelty-free, environmentally-friendly leather tote is both convenient for carrying all your workout essentials and stylish enough to wear out with a pair of jeans. Changing bags throughout the day isn’t always an option, so being able to keep the same versatile tote throughout the week can be a life saver.
7. Sanuk Flip Flops– Who wouldn’t want to feel like they were walking on yoga mats all day? These vegan flip flops are made of real yoga mats. They’re uber comfortable and easy to slip on and off as you head to the studio or run around town. I always keep a pair in my car for impromptu pedicures or those times when my high heels are killing me.
What are some of your favorite athleisure essentials?
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Pexels, Respective Brands