Christmas is just around the corner, which is a bit bittersweet. One on hand, the season has seemed to fly by very quickly, but on the other hand, it just reinforces that all seasonal activities should be top priority at the moment. If you celebrate Christmas (or even if you don’t), the pre-Christmas season is a great excuse to get baking.
Whether for Santa or yourself, these cookies will leave whoever devours them feeling great–inside and out. They are chock-full of fiber, healthy fats, protein, and just the right amount of sweetness (especially with the optional drizzle of white chocolate over top). The bars’ fiber comes from quinoa flour and rolled oats, and their healthy fats are from sunflower and sesame seeds.
They’re especially nice served with a steaming mug of non-dairy milk (perhaps spiked) and sprinkled with a bit of sweet spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger. And if you or your loved ones are gluten-free, these cookie bars make a great allergen-friendly gift! Just make sure to buy certified gluten-free oats.
Vegan & Gluten-Free (Mostly) Healthy Breakfast Cookie Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and cranberries, and stir well.
3. In separate, large bowl, combine peanut butter, cane sugar, and coconut sugar. Slowly add milk and continue mixing.
4. Once smooth, add dry to wet ingredients. Combine thoroughly, and transfer to greased baking pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove bars from oven and let cool.
6. Melt white chocolate in the microwave (about 45 seconds) or double boiler. Drizzle white chocolate over bars.
7. Store leftovers in sealed container.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Rocky Road Bars
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas